Volunteers are an integral part of LivingWell Cancer Resource Center. They play a vital role in our organization and positively impact people facing cancer. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please fill out the application below.
Volunteers are used in a variety of roles, including:
- Front Desk/Clerical: Answer telephones, greet and direct participants as they arrive for programs/services, register participants for programs, give tours, fit wigs in the Wig Boutique and complete other administrative tasks as they come up. Four hours weekly
- Yoga/Fitness Instructor: Volunteers who are certified and interested in teaching mind/body fitness classes for people who have or had cancer are appreciated. Weekly commitment
- Massage Therapists: Licensed (IL) massage therapists who can volunteer weekly. Experience with cancer patients required.
- Reflexologist: Certified reflexologists who can volunteer monthly. Experience with cancer patients preferred.
- Esthetician: Licensed estheticians who can volunteer monthly. Experience with cancer patients preferred.
- Reiki Practitioner: Certified Reiki practitioners with monthly availability. Two years minimum of practicing Reiki preferred.
- Garden Support: Spring, summer and fall volunteer with the LivingWell garden maintenance. Help with planting, watering, weeding, harvesting and maintaining the garden.
- Data Entry/Tech: Volunteers for data entry and logging satisfaction scores/comments.
- Culinary Support: Volunteers in the LivingWell kitchen to support the dietitians by setting up the tables, helping with food prep and clean up.
- Snack Makers/Bakers: Bring in baked goods or snacks for special events at LivingWell, such as the family Halloween and Holiday Joy parties. Provide casseroles and baked goods for the monthly Men’s Breakfast.
- Fundraising Events: Support LivingWell fundraising events as a committee member or day-of-event volunteer! Volunteers are needed for the Winter Gala, Bridge Walk and Fall Market events, which are held throughout the year to raise funds and awareness for LivingWell.
- Ambassadors: Represent LivingWell and manage information tables at wellness fairs and community events and become a liaison with local churches, city Chambers, libraries, schools, retirement communities, Rotary Clubs, etc.