Volunteers are an integral part of LivingWell Cancer Resource Center. They play a vital role in our organization and positively impact people facing cancer. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please fill out the application below.
Volunteers are used in a variety of roles, including:
- Front Desk/Clerical: Answer telephones, greet and direct participants as they arrive for programs/services, provide tours, and complete other administrative tasks.
Weekly shift availability:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, 1:00 – 5:00 pm or 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Fridays: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Yoga/Fitness Instructor: Volunteers who are certified and interested in teaching mind/body fitness classes for people who have or had cancer are appreciated. Weekly commitment
- Massage Therapists: Licensed (IL) massage therapists who can volunteer weekly. Experience with cancer patients required.
- Reflexologist: Certified reflexologists who can volunteer monthly. Experience with cancer patients preferred.
- Esthetician: Licensed estheticians who can volunteer monthly. Experience with cancer patients preferred.
- Reiki Practitioner: Certified Reiki practitioners with monthly availability. Two years minimum of practicing Reiki preferred.
- Fundraising Events: Support LivingWell fundraising events as a committee member or day-of-event volunteer! Volunteers are needed for an annual Gala and Bridge Walk, which raise funds and awareness for LivingWell.
- Ambassadors: Represent LivingWell and manage information tables at wellness fairs and community events and become a liaison with local churches, city Chambers, libraries, schools, retirement communities, Rotary Clubs, etc.